Mission of the church is to rescue people form drug addiction, poverty, and spread Jesus (“The Great Commission”)
Citizen Kane is the #1 movie with a twist. Open scene he has the dying words “rosebud”. His great life and tragic marriage then sad death. Final scene reveals what rosebud means.
God is the only place of real confidence.
Only when we trust God we find security and peace.
The world in dismay before the Lord.
Isaiah 19 – Egypt
The Lord has power over all creation to shake confidence of Israel in trusting Egypt instead of the Lord.
Egypt represents strength of the world and bondage and oppression in the OT.
Israel puts hope in Egypt instead of God to deliver them from the Assyrians.
Failure of false Gods – Idols are worthless and powerless. Sorcerers and mediums cannot save Egypt, they are dumb!
Yahweh is supreme over the universe. The foolish trust in Egypt. We should look to God alone, no other religion. People think all religions are the same, but the bible is clear all religions do not believe in the same God. False God’s will fail.
Failure in Economic Security
Nile is prosperous in Fish, Plants, and producing Textiles. Verse 6 and 7 rot. Verse 8 fishing industry dies. Egyptians place hope in Nile instead of the Niles creator.
- Politicians assure good economy
- Every economic system in the world is vulnerable
- We have peace of mind if we have money
- We should have peace in God, not in money / financial stability
- We should trust God for provision, security, and protection
- Not cutting corners
- Crying out to God
- Not spend more than we make
- The Lord never fails
- The Wisdom of man fails
Verse 12 – Egyptians wise men give Stupid counsel
They think they know better than God, like drunks slipping around in their own vomit.
We turn to our own wisdom
Overwhelmed by trials in life, sometimes life has many trials.
- We try to solve problems our own way
- We turn to the world instead of god 🙁
- God has all wisdom and understanding
- God is good and does good
- Don’t let fear or pain drive us away from God
- One day God will wipe away every tear
- Egypt will be judged… God reveals that the Lord is the healer of the world
verse 16-24 — 5 ways Gods judgement of Egypt will heal Egypt
- In that day they will Fear the Lord, which leads to life
- In that day, there will be allegiance to the Lord
- 5 cities
- City of destruction
- The cities opposed to God speak the language of God’s people in the future
- No one is beyond God’s reach
- If en-slavers of God’s people can become God’s people.. anyone can.
- God redeems Egypt
- When Israel was enslaved, their cry reached to God
Verse 20 – Now Egypt is crying out
- Fear of the Lord
- Crys out to the Lord
- I will send them a squier
- they will know and worship me
- God is making a statement about his own salvation
- The Lord strikes out against Egypt, they cry out, he sends them a savior Christ the Lord!
- Jesus makes a way for all people to be saved
- We are grafted in (“the gentiles”)
Egypt will worship God
- Grace goes through like a sword and comes out like a song
- Unity of the people
- God has created one new man instead of two in Jesus Christ
- Not forced unity… enemies were united together in worship
Verse 24-25 – In that day, the whole Earth will be blessed by the Lord
Genesis 12:3 – In you all nations will be blessed
No people can not be rescued by God
Come in and worship him together
Come into the blessing of the Lord
Blessing comes through faith in the Living God
Israel my people
The Lord is the healer and redeemer of the world!!!
We are either pushing people towards death (reject Christ) or life (accept Christ).