(of a person, attitude, or action) unenthusiastic.
- You are embarrassed and ashamed to talk about Jesus or your faith (not loving Jesus), or rarely share your faith in Christ
- You have religious actions, but no real relationship with Jesus (not loving Jesus)
- You are more concerned with “offending people” that you don’t share your faith. (not loving your neighbor)
- warning signs. : not feeling the desire to read your bible. Talking to God less. Talking about God less. Spending more of your free time indulging in things that are of the world rather than of God. Stuff like that.
- You have one foot in the world, one foot in Christ
- To be lukewarm is to think you have everything you need because you are rich and have material things but you do not seek after the things of God. You don’t care to repent of your sins (wretched), pray/ establish a relationship with God (pitiable), store up treasure in HEAVEN (poor), read your Bible (blind) or do good works (naked).
- Being a lukewarm christian simply means that you don’t want to give EVERYTHING to God your not completely for Him but your not completely against Him. God would rather you be one or the other.
- Lukewarm christian is one who has no love of the truth.
They have no love of reading the Bile.
No love of studying its meanings.
No love of learning what they can that they dont know.
They dont care, they dont study, they dont seek,
They are happy and don’t want anything to change, because that is inconvenient for them.
- The Lord says that, ‘I would rather you be hot or cold.’luke/warm is just another word to ‘fence-straddle’.
they want to serve 2 masters.
they desire to be Spiritual and carnal.
they desire that the ‘old-man’ walk hand-in-hand with the ‘new-man’.
this is spiritual confusion, you cannot be partakers of the table of devils
and the table of The Lord, our Father wants 100% of us.
- Crave acceptance from people more than acceptance from God
- Think more about life on earth than eternity in heaven
- Only turn to God when they are in a bind
- Want to be saved from the penalty of sin without changing their lives (non-repentant)
- Give whenever it doesn’t hinder their standard of living
- Are not much different from the rest of the world
- Want the benefits of what Christ did without conforming to who He is
It all boils down to either 2 things….
- You do not fully love God
- You do not love your neighbor as yourself
If you live EVERY DAY for Jesus, you can not be lukewarm! 🙂